Book #1 finished to check off of my 101 in 1001:

I'm honestly still not sure what to think about this book. It was a great story, but I am still trying to wrap my head around it. The story starts out with this guy (Mack) and he is fighting within himself after his daughter's disappearance and murder. They never had found a body, but all of the evidence leads to her death. This serial killer, who preyed on little girls and left his "calling card", had gotten away with 4 murders before Mack's daughter. He left her alone for a minute and she was gone and he had been dealing with this guilt for 3 years when he gets a note and that leads him into a weekend with God...in person.
I'm not one for reading religious stories really. I feel like many "Christian" books are all a man's thoughts, and not the actual truth, so I'm pretty careful when I read certain things so my own views do not get distorted by another man's view. This book is considered fiction, even though the man actually claims this happened in his life, and not that I'm questioning whether or not God could do this, it just isn't a normal thing. What I did like about the book was the way it painted God...loving, kind, forgiving, gracious, servant, and any other good thing we can normally think about, but more importantly, the relationship that was painted in the book: How God designed man and His to be. I guess that's what I took away from the book...it's not about the religion, it's about the relationship. It was worth reading though if you ever get the chance.
First book checked off my list :)
3 comments:
I can't believe you've already read a book on your list!!! Nice job =)
I Have to locate the books that I want to read to even START =)
I started reading this book a year or 2 ago, but it was kind of depressing for me...someone told me that I needed to stick with it, and that it gets better! Maybe I'll pick it back up again!
Good luck with your 101 Things! I'm really enjoying doing it!
The book gets much better after you get through the first 1/2. It was heartbreaking to read what the man was going through, but I liked how it ended.
Thanks, same to you! I'm really just getting into it, but I like having things to check off a list I've wanted to accomplish!
Post a Comment